Inclusive UX: We are all disabled, or soon might be
- Monday, July 27, 2015, 11:15 am EST
- Location: New Residence Hall, Room 3
The web was intended for everyone–a democratic wonderland of free (and accessible) information. Trouble is, it didn’t pan out that way. In this mind-blowing and heart-opening talk, Denis helps us see that there’s no “us vs. them” with disabilities–there’s only when. All of us, in the "right context," are disabled. The web we believe in is one that’s built with that in mind. Come with us as we learn about the power of empathetic design, the impact of mobile devices on bringing assistive technology to the mainstream, and how designing for the extremes can bring us to the sweet spot of a web that works for everyone.
- How big our audience of people with disabilities and folks aging into disability really is
- Principles of universal and empathetic design
- How designing for mobile and people with disabilities can bring you closer to universal design
- How you can start changing the digital world